AY 2018/2019 ADMISSIONS
Undergraduate university studies and undergraduate vocational studies
Admissions to the Faculty of Engineering will be carried out via the National Information System of Applications to Higher Education Institutions (NISpVU) that can be accessed at www.postani-student.hr.
All information on applications for taking the state matura exam and applications for admission to study programmes can be found in the brochures prepared by the Agency for Science and Higher Education in cooperation with the Ministry of Science and Education and the National External Evaluation Centre, according to the type of applicant and with detailed explanations of activities relating to the application for exams, study programmes, and due dates.
The scoring system for admission to the Faculty of Engineering in Rijeka is determined in the following way:
- In the total number of points, high school marks carry 40%.
- The result from the mandatory part of the state matura exam in Croatian, Level B, carries 7.5%, in Mathematics, Level A, carries 30%, and in a Foreign Language, Level B, carries 7.5%.
- The result from the elective part of the state matura exam in Physics carries 15%, apart from the study in Computing for which the result in Computer Science carries 15%. Taking an elective course at the state matura is not mandatory, but in that case no points are given.
- Applicants are eligible for direct admission if they won 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place at a national competition in Mathematics of Physics, apart from the study in Computing for which such results are taken into consideration for competition in Mathematics and Computer Science.
Admissions via transfer from another higher education institution
Admission to senior years of study is possible via transfer from other related university or vocational studies, whereas admission to the first year of undergraduate studies is only possible via the National Information System of Applications to Higher Education Institutions (NISpVU, https://www.postani-student.hr). The maximum number of students admitted via transfer is limited by the capacity of the Faculty of Engineering. The ranking of applicants is carried out on the basis of the average mark of exams passed at the previous faculty.
The applicants need to submit a request for transfer to the wanted study ( molba_prijelaz.doc ) by September 10. They must also submit a certified transcript of marks from the previous faculty and an excerpt from the study programme from the previous faculty that shows the content of passed courses. The transfer is possible for applicants who passed the courses with the same content as the courses Mathematics 1 and Mathematics 2 from the Faculty of Engineering.
Based on the applicant’s documents, the Head of Studies estimates the potential for admission and gives an admission proposal that allows the applicant to be admitted to the first and second year or the first, second, and third year of studies so that the sum of ECTS credits for courses that were not passed or courses that were not recognised is not more than 60. If admission is approved, the applicant is issued a decision on admission via transfer from another higher education institution.
The admitted student is required to request a recognition of passed exams from course instructors; for courses that are not recognised, the applicant must fulfil all required obligations as prescribed in the study programme and pass the exam. In order for the exams that the applicant passed in the previous study be recognised, the applicant must communicate with the course instructor before the beginning of classes or at the very beginning of classes, showing the decision of admission and the transcript of passed exams and the programme of the previous study.
Payment of tuition fees:
- Students who in their previous undergraduate studies spent fewer than 4 years (of fewer than 3 in graduate studies) pay the full tuition when transferring to the Faculty of Engineering. For other years of the continuation of study a tuition model is applied that is equal for all other students, whereby the tuition fee is calculated based on all the years the student spent studying as a full-time student.
- Students who in their previous undergraduate studies spent 4 or more years (or 3 or more in graduate studies) pay the full tuition for each year of studying in the enrolled study programme.