Basic information about the FP7 program
The 7th Framework program is divided into four major building blocks (Specific Programs):
- Cooperation - fosters collaborative research across Europe and other partner countries through projects by transnational consortia of industry and academia.
- Ideas - support "frontier research" solely on the basis of scientific excellence. Research may be carried out in any area of science or technology, including engineering, socio-economic sciences and the humanities.
- People - provides support for education, researcher mobility and career development, both for researchers inside the European Union and internationally.
- Capacities – provide support for improvement and optimal use of the research abilities and innovation capacities across Europe
Each specific program has:
- Typical goals and subprograms
- Work programs defining the participating rules
- Calls for proposals
- Evaluation commission
- Program Committees
- National Contact Points for advising support and administrative help to researchers submitting their proposal
Detail information on http://cordis.europa.eu/fp7/home_en.html