Undergraduate University Study of Computing
About the study
Requirements for admission to study and transfer from other higher education institutions
Undergraduate university study in Computing shall prepare students for the graduate university study in Computing, and shall also provide opportunities for employment at appropriate professional positions. The aim of the study is to train students to apply basic and specialist knowledge in computer engineering to characterise, design, execute, exploit, and maintain information and computer systems and processes, to form and solve practical problems, to apply information and communication technology in economic and social entities, to use modern engineering tools to understand teamwork and effective communication, to understand ethics and ethical responsibility, to evaluate information and communication technology on the basis of critical thinking and intellectual integrity, and to understand the influence of engineering solutions on the society and the surroundings. Graduating students must be capable of pursuing lifelong learning and professional development, and they must have a broad education (being familiar with topics outside engineering). If students decide to continue their study, they shall be able to enrol into the graduate university study in Computing at the University of Rijeka, Faculty of Engineering, or same study at other universities in Croatia.
Basic knowledge – computing
- Characterise technical systems in the field of computing
- Characterise technical processes in the field of computing
- Evaluate the results of calculations, computations, and measurements on the basis of critical thinking and intellectual integrity
Specialist qualifications – computing
- Apply information and communication technology in economic and social entities
- Apply basic and specialist knowledge in designing, executing, exploiting, and maintaining information and computer systems
- Select criteria for the dimensioning and building of information technologies
- Estimate the application of appropriate procedures for solving engineering problems
- Solve a given engineering problem by using acquired methods with the possibility of applying appropriate engineering tools
- Apply the principles of ethics and ethical responsibility and understand the influence of engineering solutions on the society and the surroundings
Length of study
The undergraduate study takes 3 years.
Upon completion of the study, the following title is awarded: Bachelor of Science in Computing .