Undergraduate Professional Study of Mechanical Engineering
head Assoc. Prof. Goran Gregov
Requirements for admission to study
The aim of the undergraduate professional study in Mechanical Engineering is to train experts in mechanical engineering to carry out complex operational tasks in technical systems projects, that is, complex operational tasks of planning, preparing, improving, and controlling technological and production processes, and planning, organising, and overseeing production and power facilities. The job position is primarily in the plant room, in the field, and to a lesser extent, in the office. If students decide to continue their studies, they can do this at those institutions offering graduate professional study in mechanical engineering. In addition, they can continue their studies at the graduate university study of mechanical engineering at the Faculty of Engineering in Rijeka in line with special admission requirements set by the Faculty Council.
Basic and applied knowledge – mechanical engineering
- Apply basic and specialist knowledge in solving specific tasks in the field of mechanical engineering
- Select criteria for the dimensioning and building of technical systems in mechanical engineering
- Select criteria for the dimensioning and forming of technical processes in mechanical engineering
Professional and applied competencies – mechanical engineering
- Solve a given engineering problem by using acquired methods and with the possibility of applying appropriate engineering tools
- Carry out complex operational tasks in technical systems projects in mechanical engineering / planning technological and production processes / power plants
- Apply the principles of ethics and ethical responsibility and understand the influence of engineering solutions on the society and the surroundings
Length of study
Upon completion of the study, the following academic title is awarded: Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering .