Undergraduate University Study of Electrical Engineering
Undergraduate university study in Electrical Engineering shall prepare students for the graduate university study in Electrical Engineering, and shall also provide opportunities for employment at appropriate professional positions. The aim of the study is to train students to apply basic and specialist knowledge in electrical engineering, to recognise, form, and solve practical problems, to apply other acquired knowledge in engineering, mathematics, and computer engineering, to use modern engineering tools, to understand teamwork and effective communication, to understand ethics and ethical responsibility, and to understand the influence of engineering solutions on the society and the surroundings. Graduating students must be capable of pursuing lifelong learning and professional development, and they must have a broad education (being familiar with topics outside engineering). If students decide to continue their study, they shall be able to enrol into the graduate university study in Electrical Engineering at the University of Rijeka, Faculty of Engineering, or same study at other universities in Croatia.
Basic knowledge – electrical engineering
- Characterise technical systems in the field of electrical engineering
- Characterise technical processes in the field of electrical engineering
- Evaluate the results of calculations, computations, and measurements on the basis of critical thinking and intellectual integrity
Specialist qualifications – electrical engineering
- Apply basic and specialist knowledge in addressing specific requests in the field of electrical engineering
- Select criteria for the dimensioning and building of technical systems in electrical engineering
- Select criteria for the dimensioning and forming of technical processes in electrical engineering
- Estimate the application of appropriate procedures for solving engineering problems
- Solve a given engineering problem by using acquired methods with the possibility of applying appropriate engineering tools
- Apply the principles of ethics and ethical responsibility and understand the influence of engineering solutions on the society and the surroundings
Length of study
Upon completion of the study, the following title is awarded: university bachelor (baccalaureus/baccalaurea) engineer of electrical engineering (univ. bacc. ing. el.).